Here is a checklist of documents we will need to review for mortgage pre-approval:
- Copy of your driver's license
- Copy of your social security card
- Most current pay stub showing at least 30 days of year-to-date income. Screenshots will not be sufficient.
- Past two years’ W2s, and/or 1099s
- Two years of personal and business tax returns
- Checking, saving, 401k, investment or retirement account statements covering the past two months (all pages, even if blank)
- Current homeowner's insurance declaration page
- Most recent mortgage statement
- If ever divorced, a complete divorce decree and separation agreement
- If ever declared bankrupt, complete bankruptcy papers
- Credit explanation letter for any recent or significant derogatory credit issues
- Inquiry explanation letter if you’ve applied for any forms of credit in the past 90 days
You can easily upload all of your documents into our Secure Portal when you apply with us online. We would also love to meet you in person if that's your preference. Our job is to make the home buying process better by doing everything in our power to make your life easier. Call us today for a free, in-depth financial analysis.
Consumers wishing to file a complaint against a company or a residential mortgage loan originator should complete and send a complaint form to the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending, 2601 North Lamar #201, Austin TX 78705. Complaint forms and instructions may be obtained from the department's website at www.sml.texas.gov. A toll free consumer hotline is available at 1-877-276-5550.
The department maintains a recovery fund to make payments of certain actual out of pocket damages sustained by borrowers caused by acts of licensed residential mortgage loan originators. A written application for reimbursement from the recovery fund must be filed with and investigated by the department prior to the payment of a claim. For more information about the recovery fund, please consult the department's website at www.sml.texas.gov.